Thursday, April 21, 2011

mums sense of humour is MIA




We have a serious problem at our house.











Mum has lost her sense of humour.



And what is worse








She hasn't got the energy to look for it.










So I went and spoke to the most sensible one in the house for some help.


" Sid, mum has lost her sense of humour, have you seen it.








" No Rosie.  Where did you see it last?









"Well I know she was laughing her head off when they put you in the bunny cage, cause you couldn't visit next door as Jerry the dog was there for a sleep over and I wanted to play chasing and you wouldn't play and I barked.








"Rose that was not funny for all of us.I think you had better take her for a walk and retrace the steps to see if she has left her humour somewhere outside the house.






This is going to be a tough one.













"Mum , time for walkies and no 10 more minutes"

















And after 30 minutes we were on our way.
I decided that her humour must be around things that make her happy. Now that is the easy bit as there is a lot that makes her happy.




















Mr Macmasters grave and the full Creek and the paper barks make her happy.  She swears at night time a heap of ghosts go down there and have a tea party.









Sunsets on the lagoon make her happy.











'
And big full moons make her happy.












The ever  changing shore line of the beach makes her happy.











All the swans on the lagoon now that its full again makes her happy.









In fact all the wildlife on the lagoon makes her happy and even more










The birds that visit our yard make her happy especially the noisy Mina's as the they are belligerent and mighty fearsome.










And. her glass makes her happy.

In fact she is happy about lots of things so she cannot figure out why she has lost her sense of humour.













Even when we passed Paperbark Pete ,the guardian of the lagoon, she couldn't think of a joke  to tell him.  But that was all right as its holidays and lots of tourists are around and Pete didn't have the time to talk. he has got to watch out for the birds












When we got home mum said in between yawing,
"Well Rosie, it has me stumped.  Nothing is funny."









Then she put on her glasses and thought out loud,
"I wonder if Mouse has my humour?  I Now I remember. My humour broke!  And  Mouse is looking after it!"







And she jumped up and walked away taking to her left shoulder.





Then she came back and said  her sense of humour is broken, but its Ok as Mouse is taking care of it.  It may take a while as It was a bad break but its do-able.





Meanwhile I am just watching her as her clumsiness is tied up with her sense of humour and she is a danger to herself at the moment.










No wonder I need catch up sleep when Dad gets home.  Takes all my energy.




I know I make her the happiest and I take her for a walk every day so she is happy, so it breaks my heart to hear that her humour is broken.  But I am so glad that mouse is fixing it so it will be like new.




                    
         OH NO! NOW I am talking about mouse like he is real! I must be tired. WOOF

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment