Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mums great passion


So you know how mum always carries a camera around to take photos for my blog.











Well she entered this snap in a competition and it got on the short list.



Just as this got on the short list, she bought a new camera with money she has been saving up for ages.










And since then our walks have never been the same.

















"Oh Rosie look at the sunset!"

And we stop.









"Oh Rosie look at the sun through the trees!"

and we stop.












"Oh Rosie look at the moon!"
That stop took forever, as it had to be "just right".












"Oh look at the birds! It like the middle ones are kissing."

What!!












"Oh Rosie look at the colour of the clouds".

Clouds! Colour! Who cares!










She loves Mr Macmasters headstone with the sun shining through the trees.  She reckons its a meeting spot for all the spooks.








It was all boring until she got her priorities right about what is a good photo.  Like me in my crouching ready to pounce position,









Me swimming,













Me surfing.










And me......oh the bloody swans













Recently when mum was sorting the snaps of the computer and I was helping her she said,
'You know Rosie there is always a moment worth capturing and maybe we should appreciate the moments more, because they can give us more pleasure than material things."





I looked up at her and I thought that this is one of mums phases and she will run out of puff and it will all settle soon.
But then I thought it makes her happy.
So I said
"You are so right mum."







After all me and Dad and the kids love her in all her weird and wonderful ways.









And she loves Dad, the kids, me and all her family so much she thinks her heart will burst.  So it doesnt hurt to jolley her along.











But really I think she has a new toy, she had her moment of fame and now she is showing off.
hurrumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment