Friday, July 22, 2011

The rain never stops and I am stuck inside.

Can you believe it has been raining for days and I have been stuck inside.

Four days!!


Mum wont go out.






 She said it is raining so hard the retaining wall is a waterfall
 And its pouring over the flooded shed floor

The shed is underwater




And that the side of the house is a gully for the hills runoff,
and did I really  want to go out?














And I said " How hard is it to stop the rain?"













                                                                                                                                                   And she took me to the front verandah to show me the rain and I said
" A sprinkle, you can make it stop"







Mum then said,
"I can do a lot of things but I cannot make it stop.Besides the beach is a mess."








And I said " I bet Dad can make it stop because he is a good builder and does maths"













And Mum said , "Right "Miss My dad can do anything" , get in the car we are off to the Beach."







My head went up " I love the beach"
And off we went.










And she said , "Off you go.  Where would you like to swim? Here? "











"Out there with the black dot of a human?"












"or in the Rock Pool that's under water and getting hammered by the waves?"









When we got home all I could do was sulk as I am sure Dad could fix it.








 So for three days I was  bored


So bored.


I am so bored I am dying of boredom.


That's it my legs have seize up and I cannot walk
 I hope mum is feeling guilty,




I can even roll because I am so bored.









And then I heard Dad yell;
"Lee the sun is out, I am going down the beach, How about I take Rosie.?"


And I was off.






Oh I ran, I sniffed,



I even checked out the new macmasters totem



And raced a bull dog around the lagoon.










And when we got home Dad gave me cooling down massage.











And I said to Mum just before I fell asleep
"I knew Dad could stop the rain"










Sometimes I think  mum is a little too sensitive to criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment