Friday, October 7, 2011

the school holidays


So its the school holiday time again and that's the time when all the human pups have time off from obedience school and their trainers get a break too.








And because they aren't at obedience school, they are let out of the kennels a lot more and they all come up to MacMasters Beach with assorted dogs.




And this adds a lot of stress on the locals, because the visitors don't know local dog rules.










And Mum and Dads  pups come up, which means I have to be MORE available for smooges, pats and massages from Joseph.









More walks with Patrick,














and being on standby, just in case Clancy needs help writing. She knows how great my blogs are.









Human pup holidays also means more patrols on the beach and obviously we have to stop more for  pats and Mum telling everyone who asks how great greyhounds are.  I have to do some serious glamour poses.


I have to check more pee mails, leave replies and smell the character of the holiday dogs, so I can leave report for Rex or Clarence who may come after me.

Me and my friends obey all the local rules and  that includes wildlife



 and each other.














Just the other day I had to leave a message to watch out for the mixed breed terrier with the old lady as it will try to take your face off . My face is ok ,but mum let loose on the owner  and said that if it tried to bite my face again, she would use the terrier as a cricket ball and send it to the wicket in the deep blue ocean.





Now I believe mum as she played softball and netball and her dad was a brilliant cricketer. She is very good with bats and balls. Or was it old bats and teenage boys who think they have balls?

Anyway , all this has left me exhausted.











So today just for a rest we went a different way. so mum could see the swans.




And we went through the wetlands to see the big paperbark that had fallen over.


Mum thought this was great, but all I could see was snakes every where. And they were snakes ,not vine and twigs like mum was making out.


And I have no idea what this is.














We were walking along and I was having a great time in the puddles and then I saw them.



And there it was looking at me
.

And there I was looking at it.

The others didn't see me thank goodness.


I couldn't take my eyes off them.  It was macabre yet fascinating.


What sort of water do they have in Sydney to make these cattle dogs so big.?


This poor bugger had toenails growing out of its head.


Then it got too close and I said to mum
"We can go now'
"Like now  now"
" Really now" 


Later when I was down the lagoon having my swim, I realized how lucky I was to have Mum and Dad who love creatures for themselves.










That's why its good they have me otherwise they might love a cat or heaven forbid a rabbit










"I heard that Rosie!"












Honestly Sid has no sense of humour. I am just so misunderstood.

Hurrumph!

1 comment:

  1. You are so special Rosie, and I think your Mum is pretty special too. hugs JO

    ReplyDelete