Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Eulollygyg, A Loologillly, A Tribute to Sid





So Mum says ,that when a family member dies, you have to say a thingy or tell the story of their life and since Sid has died, Mum has left it to me, because I am very good at this.











Sid was born. We know that because he wouldn't be here if he wasnt.










He probably had lots of brothers and sisters because bunnies breed like rabbits.










We have no idea  of his life before he was dumped at a friends place, but it couldn't have been good.







They adopted Sid before they adopted me and when I first saw Sid I said aloud,
"Wow they bought me a bunny to play with"
Now Sid is a very blokey bunny ,only I didn't know that and he said, in his big rough deep voice.
"If you touch me you half starved maggot I will bite you on the tip of your tail and you will be crying for your mummy"






And being the friendly and classy she-hound that I am, I just said,

"Ok. no problem." and walked away









Sid met Dawnie in the chook yard and it was love at first sight.









Theirs was true love and they went everywhere together. Except down Sid's burrow as Dawnie couldn't walk backwards to get out.










And its sad, that no matter how hard they tried, which was the most confusing and disgusting sight for a hound to see,









they were not blessed with children.  But they had imaginary children.  Sid was very supportive when Dawn was clucky and even when she thought she hatched imaginary babies, he never said anything.







He was a good burrow builder.  He could even burrow under the fence and visit David and eat his parsley and carrots and grass.













Sid and I were great mates. He loved a good joke
"Hey Sid do you want to come out and play greyhound chases the bunny? You can be the greyhound?"





"Oh Bugger off  Rosie or I am going to tell everyone you hang around poodles."










Once .  I met a poodle once and he would make a big thing of it.













Other times I would go
" Hey Sid' Do you want to go out chasing cats"









"Rosie you idiot, you are scared shitless of cats."
















But seriously Sid and I had a love hate relationship.  I would have loved to have chased him all over a paddock and he would have hated it.








Mum always said that one day Sid  would go down his burrow and never come up, because by now  he was over 5 years old .  That's very old for a bunny with responsibilities.




But no. Dad found him in the yard on the soft cut grass Dad had put in the chook yard the night before. He was near his beloved Dawnie.








Scared the living daylights out of mum when she saw him stiff on a shovel.











So here's to you Sid, husband , father and the Blokiest bunny is all of Macmasters.









http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVdoZNxtL8k
By the way mum says a tribute is always finished with music.  So  I picked this one for Sid.

4 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to Sid...Love it! Logan Greyhound

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the loss of Sid - he was one kewl bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep was pretty good. I thought the music was the best and mum says we are not getting any more bunnies. Dawnie wasnt to join Chook RSVP but mum wont let her use the computer and her claws will make the keys stick and she isnt having any randy roosters around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sid we we all miss you great tribute Rosie

    ReplyDelete