Sunday, February 26, 2012

Life goes on without Sid






Bored


Bored

Bored and lonely. Since Sid has gone its too quiet.


The beach is the same every day. 

The lagoon emptied out, but apart from some very exciting bird spotting which has mum off her dial, there is nothing to stimulate my mind.









I have my chum Simbah, but he is more a chum by his attachment disorder rather than a meeting of the minds.














And Tyson who is mad keen on running and thus we do fitness together. And he has a dam, so  you dont get pelican itch,









 My best mates down the  beach are Gin and Tonic.  I thought their names were Jack and Russell, but Mum said that was their breed and according to me a breed is anything that isn't a hound. I am sure I have told you about them but if I havent.  This is Gin and Tonic.









Gin and Tonic are fearless and fearsome.  They are so brave and so cool.  I stand in awe of their awesomeness.  They have  no issue about size and are ruthless in their pursuits.

Like I will say, " Lets go for a surf!"


 But Gin goes,

"Nah. Cant Rosie. Going fishing. The tide is emptying water into the lagoon and you never know when a great white might spill in.  Been waiting for years to catch one of those buggers.  Sick of bream and mullet."




 
And off he goes.  Now you cant see him in this photo cause he is just a speck, but he swims for ages and ages. He knows what a great white shark is, but it doesn't frighten him.  He just swims and swims and barks.  Its like he is daring the damned thing to come in. I just stand horrified that one might come in and horrified one wont as he will not stop.




And then Tonic goes 'What was that?

And starts digging

When I catch up I ask what's there? And I am told
"There is a distinct possibility of the Mutant Eastern Sand python.
Sneaky devils. They are about  20 meters long and 2 meters wide."
"How deep do you have to dig?"  says me
"About 5 meters as they sleep vertical , 5 meters under the sand.




Five meters! I cant even do a haffa! She said did I want to help as it would be so much fun and when we got this python the best bit will be wrestling it.

But I passed.  







I decided a little dermabrasion in the sand for fine lines would be better. Besides the digging would wreck my nails.

And I left Tonic digging. Tonic's human has a long rope attached to the collars so if she goes down too far he can pull her out.  I think to date she has found about 5 deflated balloons and a beer bottle.





Then they both came back for a breather and Gin said
"Hey Rosie. We heard your hanging around poodles."

                            









 Geez how DO these stories get around?


                                                                     
OK this is it .  Once I met a poodle. I didn't know what it was.  I thought it was a weird kind of sheep.  I didn't understand a word she barked as she was French. That's it.  Over.  



Sometimes I wonder what it is like to be Gin and Tonic with their fearsomeness and fearlessness and their tenacity.

Maybe I should be more like them.







But then I wonder who would dazzle people on behalf of the hound with athletic-ness and beauty.

                                                                       

As well as being the self appointed model of hound bling.














No better to leave those things to the Russells  as no one could ever match them and I will do what I do best.









Sleep and look beautiful
                                                                                    
.











4 comments:

  1. glad to see you are keeping a stiff upper paw

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a tough gig, but I keep a brave face on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rosie!
    Where were you this weekend? We missed you!
    Stay fearless.
    Love,
    Gin and Tonic xo
    P.S: Great blog and love the photos!
    P.P.S: Our masters wanted to make sure you know about Gosford Council's "Dogs in Open Spaces Strategy" Community Survey.

    http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/recreation/dogs-in-open-spaces-strategy/documents/DOS%20-%20Community%20Survey.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mum has gone on forum there already and fights with people. she is leewilmott.She is very opinionated.

    ReplyDelete