Friday, November 19, 2010

The Lagoon

Patrick has moved out of home and mum took it really well because after all he has grown up and we knew this day would come and mum is really happy that he has been given all the living skills he needs to be independent.
And if Patrick is happy Mum is happy.






And now I have my own room.













So I know what makes mum happy and that is taking me for a walk,
So off we went.




 When we got to the beach I spotted the hairiest bunny or was it a cat? Either way it looked like a fungus and so being  top beach bitch I got down in my most gruesome crouch in order to frighten it off. We cant have freaks like that on the beach.









Then I thought it could have been some sort of  fungus growing on the beach as there have been mutton birds and all sorts of weeds washing up.















Mum did stop me leaping up and tearing it apart. And just in time because as you can tell by the photo I was a about to take off in the most fearsome way.


Lucky for the fungus I stopped because it turned out to be...........you are so never going to believe this...........a black toy poodle.







Yes I know what you are thinking.  "Who would do that to a dog.  Bad enough being a poodle".









When we got to the Copa/Macs border the question of where the bad smell had been coming from had been answered.  I initially had blamed the former fungus ,  now poodle.


The lagoon had opened and was emptying into the sea.







And the smell was overwhelming.  It still churns my delicate hound tummy at the thought of it


Mum met a lady down the beach and she was from Copa and she said that, 

"The lagoon had been opened by council, because the people who had houses  along the lagoon were frightened that it was getting too full and it might flood" 

and the Copa lady continued with  something like, 

"What the f... would they know as they live in f.....g  Sydney and don't  give a shit about the devastation and the ecological  consequences"  
 and 
"Those rich Sydney b.......s  don't have to live with the f.....g  smell and now its all screwed up for everyone."




And Mum said 
'Well that is interesting.  I would love to stay and talk but I have to go now.  NOW Rosie!" And she me walk away quickly with her.






To be honest it was sad to see the dead baby fish or to see the ones that were alive struggling.









And my jetty looked silly.










And the lagoon looked like it was covered with carpet.







And the smell got worse the closer you went in.







And the water fowl didn't have much water to protect them
and the







   And the black swans and their baby's looked confused.          
 And it was all very quiet. 
And just as we were walking along the woman came out of her house and said to mum


" That dog is supposed to be on a lead"

Mum said to her

" Do you say that to every person who walks their dog along here without a lead "?

And the woman said "No."

So I don't know if mum was worn out by the sight of the lagoon or Patrick leaving home but she didn't say anything. She just gave the lady a strange wave.





And that is because mum is too polite to be rude.  And mum didn't have the energy to explain that in reality I was the last of anyone's problems.






 


That's what I love about mum, she gets it in perspective.





1 comment: