Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Little Visitor



Yesterday mum said


 "We are having a little visitor for a couple of hours today."











So I opened my eyes and thought,




"Well Simbah is here and he is very cool, so how hard can another dog be?"
















What Mum didn't say was that it was a human little visitor.  It was male human pup!











He runs.
















He grabs and open things that I would NEVER be allowed to open.
















He leaves mess.












Then he wanted to play chase the dog.............which was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!












I think Simbah has had experience with human pups as he split long before I knew what was going on.








And just when I was about to snooze in the best hiding spot in the world
(Joseph's room because you cant see me in the mess), the pups parents have come back and Mum calls out,

" We are  ALL going for a  walk down the beach"








Have you ever walked a human pup?

They are hopeless.

They are slow.

They have to stop and sniff and touch anything that takes their fancy. They are worse than poodles.





Me and Simbah were going mad.













Then the pup throws himself in the  lagoon.





And your hoping the humans are watching him as swimming doesn't come natural to humans as it does to hounds.

And they look like they are watching and the pups mother was with him. But do they know the lagoon like me and Simbah?








In the end I just sat, yes SAT, ( ready to leap if need be) and watched the lot of them as it was all a bit too casual.











And did I tell you they have a three legged dog as well. I can honestly say there is no disability with this boy except with swimming in the lagoon













And he swims in a longatudinal sinking way.















I tell you by the time we all got home and everyone left, Simbah collapsed into bed










And I couldn't move any of my finely tuned muscles including my Serina Williams butt.

Human pups are hard work, but when you have to watch the humans too, it more than a hound and a terrier can bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment