Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My mate Sid


I have had the chance to become mates with Sid.  It all started when I saw the brilliant holes he had dug in the chook yard.


This is the bedroom.


And this is the family room.  He made the family room bigger because when the humans were away on holidays Lavender went down the burrow and got stuck.When they came back they couldnt find her.  Joseph had to dig her out. She has been there three days. This way no one gets stuck.


Sid still has to keep an eye on Lavender.  She is a bit special..





I have to say he is an excellent digger. And I told him.
"Sid! You are an excavating genius!"












Then  I heard the sad story of Sid and why he is the happiest bunny in Macmasters.

It seems Sid lived with a lot of other people and his name wasnt Sid.  It was Cuddles!. He hated it.




Everyone said he was cute.  He hated it.
They cuddled and kissed him and put ribbons on him.




"I bloody hate this.  I feel so stupid.  I dont feel like a blokey bunny.  All the ferral blokey bunnys laugh at me!"




Then Sid came to live with the Wilmotts. ( Clancy was in italy the day of the photo).
And Dad and the boys said ,
" It must be humiliating for a man  bunny to be called Cuddles.  Its a a detriment to his blokiness."

  So they called him Sid , after Sid Vscious.  Well after that Sid was the happiest bunny, but he felt lonely.




" I am so lonely."

.









So Mum and Joe brought home some orphans that needed loving. And that when Sid found his calling.


Sid is a great dad even if being a single parent can be tiring.


"Sometimes I just need a little me time" he says.

But he loves those girls. And they love him.












Now I just go and check Sid and Dawn and Lavender and Baby.






 "Hi Sid!"

"Morning Rosie"







I would still love to play fetch the chook, but it would upset Sid. And he is just happy.  So I am happy not to play the game.   Because I have found something very interesting in my lagoon.






DUCKS!!!!













And we walk to the lagoon every day.

Isnt life great!.

2 comments: