Thursday, September 16, 2010

Collecting

So Mum comes out this morning and says,


" Rosie you have been collecting stuff again. Grrr"
And I took no notice because they collect stuff so why shouldn't I?










Dad collects anything he sees on a throw out that he thinks could be useful.  I don't know how many barbeque's he has collected over the years.  And once he had over 600 pavers sitting in the driveway for years and he eventually used them,  so I think he is pretty clever.








Mum collects old bits of glass and pottery and old furniture.  I don't know why she just doesn't buy new stuff.











 Clancy collects really good clothes at really cheap prices.  Mum says she is empress of  oppies and is in awe of her ability to sniff out a Valentino dress at a Big W price.  Clancy has her trade secrets that she wont share. She is keeping an eye out for a really nice dog coat for me.




Patrick collects music.  He has two pianos, a violin and a flute and records and heaps of CD's sheet, music and a lifetime of music on his ipod. He spends time in the garage practising and I thought he was killing a cat when I first go here, but it was the violin.
When he started on the flute it sounded like he was blowing air up a bush turkeys  bum.  But he is getting better...............slowly.












Joseph collects people.  Everyone knows him. And he knows everyone.  Mum reckons he is like her grandfather Leslie Charles Robinson who was a shearer and everyone liked.


                                                                           But they say the best thing they ever collected was..............................................



................................ME




So I can forgive them when I am so misunderstood.  Its going to take a while for them to learn about greyhound collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment